|Date Posted||August 5, 2019|
|Category|| Technician |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The NA on duty will have the primary focus of supporting patients in completing their ADLs, meal support both with preparation and modeling good eating, transportation to/from medical appointments and the airport, providing support to the team and patients with any monitoring/support needed.
- Exercises strong documentation skills and ability to use Electronic Medical Records program.
- Support shower time and patients getting ready at the beginning and end of the day.
- Serve meals and support patients with their eating.
- Eat with patients as needed.
- Take vital signs.
- Collect information about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers, nurses and doctors.
- Answer patient questions or redirect to the appropriate person.
- Examine patients for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds.
- Clean and sanitize patient areas.
- Change bed sheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies, as needed.
- Transport patients to appointments.
- Dress wounds.
- Strong communication skills are required for working with nurses on patients’ medical status and changes, and communication with peers and leadership. When not on duty, communication with peers and leadership is required to fulfill shifts when needed.
- Active Driver’s License, Clean Abstract
- Awareness of drugs used in this population and their potential interactions and side effects
- Recognize, intervene, and respond to emergency situations
- Strong communication skills
- Training and/or experience in eating disorders and/or addictions is desired
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $14.25 /hour