|Date Posted||June 18, 2021|
What We Are Looking For
The Associate Director of Performance Nutrition provides support, education, and direction to our student athletes with nutrition based programs to improve athletic performance. A Bachelor's degree, two years of relevant work experience, and a Christian faith are required. A Master's degree and four years of relevant work experience are preferred.
What You Will Do
- Operations: Assist with nutrition counseling and education on topics including but not limited to nutrient timing, hydration, recovery, food allergies, disordered eating, nutrient deficiencies, dietary supplements, body composition, immunity and healing from injury. Assists with food service management for student-athletes and maintains fueling resources in all facilities and for competitions. Serve as the lead case manager for high risk clinical nutrition cases as part f the high risk athlete care committee.
- Communication: Assist in maintaining communication with coaching staff and care teams relative to student-athlete nutrition and performance issues. Maintaining appropriate communications with Health and Wellness staff using electronic records system.
- Recruiting: As assigned, provide assistance in presentation of support to athletes and parents during on-campus recruiting visits for athletic programs.
- Compliance: Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, and institution rules and regulations and to communicate immediately any possible infractions of such rules and regulations to the Athletics Compliance staff.
- Other Duties: Other program duties as requested by the Director of Athletics or the area head.
Explore & Engage