|Date Posted||August 3, 2019|
|Category|| Technician |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Come join our team as a Behavioral Health Associate providing care to clients in the Eating Disorder program at The Refuge! If you are passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of those in need through compassionate therapeutic practices while working in a team environment that supports learning and growth, this position is right for you!
As a Behavioral Health Associate at The Refuge-A Healing Place, you will participate in the development and implementation of patients' treatment plan by:
- Providing care and close supervision of facility patients and documenting behavior
- Developing positive relationships with patients and co-workers
- Following facility policies and procedures implementing treatment plans and providing crisis intervention as necessary.
- Actively participant as part of the treatment team, providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction
- Act as a role model in using appropriate counseling skills by de-escalating aggression, using active listening skills, using appropriate tone and volume of voice, providing a high frequency and variety of positive reinforcements, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and promoting a positive peer culture.
One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Behavioral Health Associate is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career.
- 2 years Behavioral Health (required)
- Associates or better in Human Services (preferred)
- Eating Disorder Treatment (preferred)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Behavioral Health Tech (preferred)
- Cert Nursing Assistant (preferred)