|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
Advanced Degree Not Required - Administrative Assistant, Behavioral Tech, Advocacy, Research Assistant, etc.
As a Direct Care Staff team member at Alsana, you will be an integral part of an inter-disciplinary mental health environment that supports our therapists, dietitians, and nurses in achieving their discipline specific treatment plans.
- Maintains each client’s physical and psychological safety at all times including assigned tasks, e.g. taking and recording vital signs, weights, recording meals and reporting results to nursing and/or the physician
- Completes accurate documentation of observations and notifies supervisor of any unusual findings, e.g. change in vital signs, unusual weight change, refusing meals, etc
- Documents patient progress per procedure
- Assists with the provision of basic first aid as directed by the RN/LVN staff according to facility policy, including all appropriate follow-up documentation
- Ensures that documentation accurately reflects all changes in client’s condition and notifies the nurse and interdisciplinary team members per program policy
- Provides one-on-one assistance to clients in crisis as directed by the nurse or therapist and the client’s plan of care
- Assists clients with nutritional and dietary needs as indicated by the facility’s nutritionist and interdisciplinary plan
- Keeps clients and significant others informed. Assists with family concerns in a pleasant and efficient manner. Seeks assistance of licensed staff when needed
- Maintains and communicates the level system with clients. Advises licensed staff of issues related to level system compliance
- Leads/Co-leads and facilitates groups for Residential/ Partial Hospital/Intensive Outpatient Clients. Participates in an evening and weekend group rotation