|Location||Falls Church, Virginia|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
|Category|| Technician |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Requirements||Bachelor’s Degree or previous coursework in healthcare, mental health, recreational therapy, education, or human growth and development (preferred) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (required) CNA and CPI certification (preferred) At least 1 year of previous behavioral health experience preferred|
Dominion Hospital, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders through our Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center.
The Behavior Health Technician performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Assists in providing a therapeutic environment through acceptance of patient behavior and guidance towards socially acceptable behavior.
- Participates in the development, review, and implementation of interdisciplinary treatment plans under guidance of the RN.
- Supervises and participates in group or individual recreational, social, and related activities under the direction of the program therapist and/or charge nurse.
- Provides for patient safety and comfort through attention to general health and guidance in cleanliness, grooming, rest, activity and nourishment.
- Maintains an attractive and comfortable unit environment.
- Provides for patient and unit safety through patient search, room searches as assigned, and continued safety monitoring.
- Performs basic nursing procedures as required (i.e. bathing, feeding, temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, oral hygiene, etc).
- Monitors and records patients’ behavior, charting, and reporting any physical or mental changes to the nurses on duty.
- Patient Rights - The Behavioral Health Technician will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety – The Behavioral Health Technician demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
United States-Virginia-Falls Church-Dominion Hospital - Falls Church
Behavioral & Social Work
Education Required And/Or Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or previous coursework in healthcare, mental health, recreational therapy, education, or human growth and development (preferred)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (required)
- CNA and CPI certification (preferred)
- At least 1 year of previous behavioral health experience preferred