|Published||September 27, 2021|
|Category||Counseling - Psychologists, Social Workers, Therapists & Clinical Directors|
Walden Behavioral Care is a rapidly-growing, national mental healthcare system specializing in the treatment of eating disorders and mental health conditions.
We are one of the only organizations in the country to welcome individuals of all ages and all genders at all levels of care.
Since 2003, we have helped more than 20,000 individuals progress in their path to healing. With 15 locations and more than 450 dedicated care professionals across Connecticut, Massachusetts and in Georgia, we are committed to changing lives, one person at a time. Using evidence-based treatment, proven to support long-term recovery, we are passionate about providing all individuals with the specialized care they need and deserve.
We’re looking for caring professionals to join the close-knit, multi-disciplinary teams throughout our continuum of care.
Are you seeking a dynamic role at a mission-driven, person-centered company?
Do you want to play a critical role in changing the lives of future and current patients?
If you are compassionate and collaborative, we may have the position for you!
We are seeking individuals who are passionate, flexible and able to expertly navigate complex cases. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse patient population who live with a breadth of complex diagnoses and have an impact on the trajectory of their healing journeys. If you enjoy working in a dynamic clinical environment where learning and development are continuously fostered and no one day is the same, we want to hear from you!
As Clinical Therapist you will provide direct patient care under the supervision of the Program Director or Assistant Program Director. This position is for the Guilford, Connecticut location.
*Note: 2 full-time Clinical Therapist positions are available at our Guilford location - 1 in our adolescent unit and 1 in our adult unit. Please specify in your application email or cover letter if you are applying for one unit specifically, or if you'd like to be considered for both positions.
*Note: Although this position is full-time, we will consider part-time for a highly-qualified candidate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide counseling and case management in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Walden Behavioral Care.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments, participate in treatment planning, utilization review, and discharge planning.
- Conduct individual, group and family therapy.
- Conduct crisis intervention and liaison services with referral sources.
- Work to ensure that all required documentation is completed in a timely and profession manner.
- Work collaboratively with the treatment team and Walden continuum.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field
- LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT license is preferred, license-eligible will be considered
- Experience providing direct clinical care in a mental health setting or eating disorders program is preferred
- CPR certification is preferred
- Must have strong clinical, organizational and communication skills
- Must possess knowledge of psychiatric group process, therapeutic relationships processes, age specific growth and development, limit setting and behavior management, crisis management with aggressive behaviors.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize independently
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and fast paced mental health environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, team environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred, not required
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Unparalleled mentoring in support
- Many more!
At Walden we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where we celebrate our employees, our patients and the communities we work with. In recruiting for our team we welcome the unique contributions only you can bring in terms of your education, culture, opinions, experience and background. Join us and find out how you can make a difference today.
At Walden all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.