|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
|Category|| Dietitian/Nutrition Counseling |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
River Oaks Hospital, located in metropolitan New Orleans, Louisiana, is a private psychiatric facility for adults, adolescents and children. Since 1970, River Oaks has established a tradition of excellence in the treatment of acute psychiatric illness, dual diagnosis, alcohol and drug detoxification, trauma based disorders, compulsive behaviors, and eating disorders, River Oaks has provided quality treatment to service individuals suffering from mental illness, and/or addictive disorders. Situated on a 14 acre campus, services are available at all levels of care (inpatient, day or partial hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient).
River Oaks Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Dietitian/ Nutritionist. Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to providing administrative, therapeutic and educational continuity for the nutritional aspects of food services and any and all patient population with Eating Disorders or special needs.
- Responsible for the nutritional aspects of food service; writes and ensures patient care policies are adhered to; assures nutritional adequacy of menus; assists in the evaluation of the food service department.
- Responsible for the therapeutic and nutritional care of patients; maintains and revises diet manual as needed; assures continuity of diet order transcription procedures; plans therapeutic menus, conducts nutritional assessments within seventy-two hours; writes progress notes; makes diet modifications when needed; participates in nutritional aspects of patient care plan and in discharge planning as requested; facilitates nutrition groups as needed.
- Conducts in-service education for dietary department as requested and educates regarding meeting nutritional requirements, allergies, etc.; participates in staff conferences when consulted; serves as nutritional resource for nursing staff and physicians.
- Works in cooperation with the Food Service Manager to communicate and provide efficient food services for the patients, hospital employees and guests in accordance to policies and standards; instructs patients and their families on modified diets when requested by physicians; conducts River Oaks sponsored webinars and seminars as requested regarding current nutritional topics; conducts in-service education classes for River Oaks staff as requested.
- Works in cooperation with and follows policies with Nursing, Social Services and other members of the facility to ensure dietetic needs of the patients are addressed timely.
- Compiles reports required by law and administration; submits reports when required; monitors the completion of monthly chart audits and test trays; approves and assists in the preparation of the weekly menu for the Food Services Department in compliance with dietary allowances.
- Attends all required in-services annually.