|Date Posted||August 5, 2019|
|Category|| Director Level |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you an efficiency expert with an eye for program design and implementation? Are you looking to blend your knowledge of the admissions process, client engagement, strategic direction and leadership? Do you have an analytical mind with a can-do attitude? Do you want to make an immediate impact?
Join a rapidly growing behavioral healthcare company and help us design, expand, implement and unveil a refreshed welcome and admissions center for our specialty mental health care system that includes 15 locations up the east coast. We will also be opening a state of the art, 82-bed, 24-hour care facility in early January. Our goal is to have our refreshed approach to admissions ready for this important company milestone.
Walden Behavioral Care is currently seeking a Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Engagement, the Director of Admissions is a member of the leadership team. You will manage the welcome center, which includes the admissions and client relations teams, assuring that every person that connects with Walden from first inquiry to the evaluation has a consistent, positive experience. The Director of Admissions is ultimately responsible for growing census and increasing revenue.
The person in this position has an appreciation and understanding of technology and how to integrate it within an admissions group. You will use data and analytics to drive business decisions, report trends and forecast business shifts. Responsibilities include ensuring a smooth client transition from inquiry to admission, overseeing the timely and accurate completion of data entry in the CRM and EMR and accurate communication to the clinical team and other department heads. The person in this position will develop relationships with existing customers within the general community and help to foster new referring relationships within the professional community.
You will be responsible for assuring that growth milestones are met at key conversion points along the client engagement journey, processes and policies are developed, documented, monitored, measured, and we are continuing to evolve and improve our processes to provide the highest quality employee and client experience.
- The Director will determine and implement admissions best-practices to assure a smooth transition from first inquiry to admitted patient
- Optimize the department structure which includes creating workflows and processes for the key jobs and department functions and monitoring for best quality and efficiency
- The Director will assist in department hiring, oversee employee orientation, training, and continuing education for the team to assure everyone has a full understanding of expectations, ‘the Walden Way’ and their unique role in making sure people get the help they need and deserve.
- Provide leadership for the welcome center staff including staff who work virtually
- Responsible for building strong relationships with referrers, maintaining up to date referral lists, keeping the team up to date on hospital and clinic programs, leadership, insurance providers we accept, and other pertinent engagement processes
- Responsible for daily census reporting, call center data, market variations, customer sales cycle conversions, challenges and trend reports
- Responsible for CRM department integration, training, monitoring and reporting relevant to department functions
- Responsible for seamlessly interfacing with medical and mental health staff, fellow department heads and administration, treatment teams, case managers, managed care organizations, and functions as the liaison with other hospital and program intake departments
Bachelor’s Degree in the human service field, marketing and/or business.
- Experience managing a health/mental health/treatment facility admissions department
- Marketing experience in a human service industry
- Experience working with EHR and CRM systems to support admissions team. (Salesforce experience preferred)
- Experience and thorough knowledge of all payers and the revenue impact
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Excellent computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Clinical experience a plus
The type of person will excel in this position.
Highly organized with excellent communication skills, a positive, can-do and empathetic personality with a passion for helping others coupled with past admissions experience in a like minded setting with the drive to succeed.
Walden Behavioral Care is a rapidly-growing, national mental healthcare system specializing in the treatment of eating disorders and mental health conditions. We are one of the only organizations in the country to welcome individuals of all ages and all genders at all levels of care. Since 2003, we have helped more than 20,000 individuals progress in their path to healing. With 15 locations and more than 450 dedicated care professionals across Connecticut, Massachusetts and in Georgia, we are committed to changing lives, one person at a time. Using evidence-based treatment, proven to support long-term recovery, we are passionate about providing all individuals with the specialized care they need and deserve.