|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
Expressive Therapies - Art, Music, Drama, Movement
As Needed / On Call
Reasons Eating Disorder Center (Reasons) is seeking individuals like you to provide compassionate care to our diverse patients for our residential treatment facilities located in beautiful, intimate six-bed houses in the Pasadena, San Marino and the Arcadia neighborhoods of the Los Angeles area.
We provide a place of respite and reflection for individuals of all genders and all ages to work through their eating disorders and discover their reasons for recovery. Your passion, inspiration, and talents are invaluable to us and our mission to serve others. Reasons can provide a place for you to thrive and continue your professional development.
The Drama Therapist is responsible for teaching patients the use of the body, its movements and positioning in space within a therapeutic setting as a mechanism both for insight and for change. Drama therapists provide group opportunity for patients to tell their stories, solve problems, express feelings, explore roles they play in life, or achieve catharsis through drama, acting, vocalizing, movement, and the artistic process. Drama therapists utilize the intentional use of drama and/or theater processes to achieve therapeutic goals.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Registered Drama Therapist or Drama Therapist Intern preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in Drama Therapy
- Enrollment in or completion of a graduate program in Drama or Acting preferred.
- Also acceptable: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, drama, acting, activity therapy, humanities, social work or a related field with extensive related drama and voice training and relevant work experience in Drama Therapy.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of eating disorders treatment preferred.
Are you caring, compassionate and hardworking?
Apply today to join our amazing team!