|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
Expressive Therapies - Art, Music, Drama, Movement
As Needed / On Call
Are you caring, compassionate and hardworking?
Apply today to join our amazing team!
Reasons Eating Disorder Center (Reasons) is seeking candidate professionals, like you, to provide compassionate care to our diverse patients for our residential treatment facilities located in beautiful, intimate six-bed houses in the Pasadena, San Marino and the Arcadia neighborhoods of the Los Angeles area.
- Enrollment in or completion of a graduate program in Drama or Acting and/or status as Drama Therapist Intern or Registered Drama Therapist preferred. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, drama, acting, activity therapy, humanities, social work or related therapeutic discipline, and with extensive related drama and voice training is also acceptable with relevant work experience in the field of Drama Therapy Knowledge and experience in the field of eating disorders treatment preferred. Working knowledge of the Exchange System and the meal planning process.
- Registered as a Drama Therapist Preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in Drama Therapy
- May be required to work overtime and flexible hours
- Must be available to work weekends
Your passion, inspiration, and talents are invaluable to us and our mission to serve others. Our facility can provide a place for you to thrive and continue your professional development.
Job Description: The Drama Therapist is responsible for teaching patients the use of the body and its movements and positioning in space as well as sounds within a therapeutic setting as a mechanism both for insight and for change. Drama therapists provide group opportunity for patients to tell their stories, solve problems, express feelings, explore roles they play in life, or achieve catharsis through drama, acting, vocalizing, movement, and the artistic process. Drama therapists utilize the intentional use of drama and/or theater processes to achieve therapeutic goals.
We provide a place of respite and reflection for all genders of all ages to work through their eating disorders and discover their reasons for recovery.
Take a video tour of our facilities.
Youtube page: https://youtu.be/12Z_zSwcAHY
Locations page on website - https://reasonsedc.com/about-us/locations/
To learn more visit: www.reasonsedc.com
Reasons’ employees receive great opportunities.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career and growth opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation