|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2021|
Nutrition - Dietitians, Technicians, Foodservice & Directors
Kayla Jessop Nutrition is an outpatient nutrition counseling practice focused on eating disorders and disordered eating. We have two locations: downtown Salt Lake City and Layton, Utah.
We are currently seeking a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to join our team on a part-time basis and ultimately increase to full-time on-site between both locations.
The role of a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) at Kayla Jessop Nutrition includes the following responsibilities:
- Schedule, plan and conduct initial individual nutrition evaluation sessions, and assess for and recommend appropriate level of care.
- Schedule, plan and conduct individual follow-up nutrition sessions weekly or at appropriate intervals, and provide appropriate nutrition interventions and individualized nutrition education to the client.
- Determine individualized meal plans for clients when appropriate.
- Prepare and instruct nutrition education groups.
- Facilitate therapeutic meals and meal support groups, experiential snacks and meal outings, including pre- and post-meal processing.
- Document interactions with clients in the form of group notes or individual session notes by end of day in the electronic medical record. (Software-specific training will be provided.)
- Attend weekly supervision to discuss challenging cases. (Will count toward Eating Disorder Specialist Certification and Continuing Education credits.)
- Maintain RDN credentials and Continuing Professional Education in accordance with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- RDN with an interest in eating disorders and mental health
- Eating disorder experience is preferred
- CEDRD/CEDS is preferred, working toward certification also acceptable
- MS in nutrition, counseling, psychology or related field is preferred