|Location||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2021|
Nutrition - Dietitians, Technicians, Foodservice & Directors
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist - Outpatient Eating Disorder Dietitian
Side By Side Nutrition specializes in providing individual counseling for eating disorders in adolescents and adults, utilizing evidence and strengths-based approaches from a Health At Every Size and social justice lens. We are based in Colorado, with offices in Arvada, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs.
We are currently transitioning back to seeing clients in office with COVID-19 safety precautions in place.
Our Values: Side By Side lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life. Please read the following before applying to ensure that you will be a good fit.
Creating strong relationships: Building strong, meaningful relationships is a basic need for all of us. We value building relationships within our community and helping our clients do the same. It’s also a hallmark of our business to promote strong, lasting bonds within our team and to work collaboratively both in the office and out in the community.
Serving the community: Part of our mission is to contribute to promoting wellness within the community through community involvement, speaking engagements, and financial contributions. It is our goal to reach more people and provide psychoeducational services to students, teachers + administration, and businesses through regular outreach in the community.
Invest in quality: We’re committed to providing the best atmosphere for our clients and our team. Our commitment is seen in our beautiful workspace for our employees and a comforting space for our clients and in offering the extra touches like coffee + tea stations, a collaborative environment for our team, and wrap-around services for our clients. We promote continued education for our clinicians through ongoing CEUs and trainings in evidence-based practices so clients can feel safe knowing their nutrition therapist is always growing in their skill.
Promoting inclusion: We promote hiring clinicians of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties to better serve the diverse and unique experience of our clients. It’s also important that our office promotes a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusivity in its culture and practice.
We are currently looking for a dietitian for our Colorado Springs location, preparing for a start date of January 2022.
- Provide individual nutrition counseling for eating disorders and disordered eating to a minimum of 20 adolescent and adult clients per week.
- Complete all administrative and record-keeping activities in a timely manner including billing for each session, collecting payment and maintaining documentation in the Kalix electronic health record (training on correct procedures will be provided).
- Maintain professional boundaries.
- Respond to client requests for service or calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, or website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such patients.
- Care coordination including communicating with client treatment team members.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner, including intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents as needed.
- Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and trainings, including one team meeting per week.
- Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Side By Side Nutrition.
- Be respectful of, cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in the State of Colorado.
- Training and experience in treating eating disorders and working with adolescents and adults preferred.
- Ability and interest in providing family or group nutrition counseling is a plus.
- Anti-racist and social justice-minded.
- Works well in collaboration with a team, interpersonally comfortable and warm, interested in a long-term position within a growing, supportive private practice.
- Demonstrates professionalism, excellent therapeutic and professional boundaries, cultural competency, self-motivation, self-awareness, and good organizational and time-management skills.
- Balances independent work with respect for practice leadership.
- Values continued education and professional enrichment.
- Works well in a peaceful, quiet environment.
- Displays excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in computer use for documentation, scheduling and other job duties.
- Reliable and timely.
- Willing to maintain proper licenses and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Side By Side Nutrition.
- Passion for collaboration and helping other team members grow and learn.
- The ideal candidate will also be credentialed with Cigna, Aetna, United HealthCare and other insurance companies. Side by Side Nutrition will assist with credentialing as needed.
This position is not right for you if you’re:
- Someone just looking for a job to clock in and out of.
- Someone who doesn’t feel passion for our mission, vision and values.
- Someone who’s not a team player or prefers not to work collaboratively.
- Someone who wants to own their own business in the near future. If that’s you, awesome! But we’re not the place for you. We dedicate a lot of time and energy to our staff and provide the flexibility, autonomy and space to allow each member of our team to get creative in their role. To ensure our mutual success, you will need to be equally invested in Side By Side Nutrition.
- Someone who doesn’t like to hop in and help others get their work done - we highly value teamwork.
This position is perfect for you if you’re:
- Aligned with the Side By Side Nutrition mission, vision, and values.
- Energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of Side By Side Nutrition.
- Social justice-oriented and practice anti-racism work.
- Creative, engaged in doing good work, and excited by furthering our mission to making wellness a down-to-earth practice.
- Able to take direct and constructive feedback and run with it.
- Hardworking and extremely passionate about disordered eating and body image work.
Perks of becoming an employee with Side By Side Nutrition include:
- Joining a well-established and growing private practice that will provide clients
- Flexible hours with the ability to make your own schedule
- Your own cozy furnished office with use of a waiting room, conference room, coffee station, electronic health record, printer/copier/fax, office supplies, wireless internet and insurance billing capabilities.
- Clinical consultation, group and individual professional supervision
- Continuing education, training and support
- Competitive compensation based on experience, training and licensure
Apply through the online form.
Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in working with individuals with eating disorders and specifically at Side By Side Nutrition.
How your experience, training and qualifications make you a well-matched candidate for this position.
Your experience working with young adults and families. If you do not have experience, share your interest.
What is most important to you about working with a team?
What does Health At Every Size mean to you?
Thank you for considering Side By Side Nutrition. We look forward to hearing from you.