|Date Posted||February 17, 2019|
Do you have a passion for mental health? Are you looking to further your career in direct care? Do you thrive in organizations that are committed to dramatically changing the lives of other people?
Do you want to work for one of the nation’s only full systems of care for eating disorders?
Walden Behavioral Care offers you the opportunity to accelerate your career through unmatched experience and training while being part of an amazing team.
The Mental Health Counselor provides direct patient care to adolescents and adults under the supervision of clinical staff and program director.
Shift: 40h/week (Monday-Friday) - Shifts ranging from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm / 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide a safe and therapeutic milieu by monitoring patients and redirecting behaviors.
- Assist patients through the admission process, required paperwork, and orientating new patients to the clinic.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with patients and providing patient care within Walden policies, philosophies, and objectives.
- Provide patient check-ins and respond to patients in crisis to ensure patient and clinic safety.
- Observe patients and accurately and thoroughly document daily patient notes.
- Supervise breakfast, lunch and snacks and provide re-direction to patients, as needed.
- Participate in community meetings, group therapies, education and social activities on the unit.
- Help facilitate group therapies sessions, including but not limited to CBT, DBT, Body Image, etc.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with patients treatment teams to ensure the highest quality of patient care.
- Conducting patient weigh-ins.
- Support Office Manager with administrative/filing duties, as needed
- Complete call assignments as designated by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related fiel
- One year experience working with a psychiatric patient population preferred.
- Eating Disorder knowledge and/or experience preferred.
- CPR, required
- Must possess knowledge of psychiatric group process, therapeutic relationships processes, age specific growth and development, limit setting and behavior management, crisis management with aggressive behaviors.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize independently
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and fast paced mental health environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, team environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Reports to Program Director
- General medical office environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage, 401 (k))
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Unparalleled mentoring in support
- Many more!
About Walden Behavioral Care. Walden Behavioral Care is one of the only rapidly-growing, leading national specialty healthcare systems dedicated to serving all genders and offering the full continuum of care for people with all types of eating disorders. We currently have 14-locations on the East Coast in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Georgia. Over the past 15 years, utilizing our state-of-the art evidence based, personalized approach to care, we have helped over 20,000 people on their road to recovery. Headquartered in Massachusetts we have over 450 employees who are dedicated to helping people with eating disorders get the help they need and deserve.