|Location||Long Beach, California|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2021|
Nursing - Nurses & Nursing Directors
|Requirements||Must hold a current LVN, RN, or PA license in the State of California Position requires a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.|
The Nurse Manager provides general oversight of all nursing staff, including the LVN’s, RN’s and CNA’s, as well as responsibilities for administrative duties. The Nurse Manager is responsible for medical/nursing policy and procedures, medical/nursing training, and associated requirements from accrediting bodies. Demonstrates a desire and willingness to embrace and model the Shoreline mission within the job responsibilities and interaction with others.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with clients, leadership, Clinical Director, peers and vendors.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains working relationships with clinical providers, referral partners and vendors as needed or directed.
- Develops and initiates the Nursing Care Plan
- Completes H&P for each new client
- Manages nursing staff, including hiring process, overview of staff documentation, staff schedules, etc.
- Provides training to staff and clients
- Organizes coverage when nursing staff are unable to work
- Organization and maintenance of the Nursing calendar
- Oversight and implementation of nursing policies and procedures
- Creates and maintains nursing SOP
- Participates in treatment team weekly and provides updates about clients
- Maintains medical safety standards and ensures that all staff deliver care in accordance with the Standards of care and practice.
- Ensure medication errors are documented in Critical Incident reports on Accreditation Now and participates in investigation of error and resolution of error
- Facilitates groups
- Provides clear and complete client documentation
- Updates nursing supplies inventory and orders new supplies
- Manage relationship with vendors, including pharmacies and laboratories
- Oversees medical issues daily and reports issues to Medical Director as needed
- Implements Physician / NP orders and ensures they are carried out
- Oversees/performs all medication distribution and logs
- Meets regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment and appropriate medical interventions
Must hold a current LVN, RN, or PA license in the State of California
Position requires a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.