|Location||South Windsor, Connecticut|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
|Category|| Nurse Practitioner |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner offering a flexible schedule between 24h-40h/week with benefits. This is an ideal position for someone working in Private Practice. Walden Behavioral Care is a leading national healthcare system specialized in eating disorders.
Contact us now to learn more about the possibilities this position can offer you.
The Nurse Practitioner provides professional psychiatric care in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Walden Behavioral Care. The Nurse Practitioner is accountable for assigned adolescent and adult patients and is responsible for promoting and enhancing professional psychiatric practice in the partial hospitalization program. Under the supervision of the Director of Ambulatory Clinics, the Nurse Practitioner will provide integrative care including consultation and recommendation for medications, dietary changes, supplementation, healthy lifestyle counseling, and other integrative medicine approaches. The Nurse Practitioner also communicates with family members, physicians and other providers to ensure healthcare continuity and coordination. This position functions as part of an interdisciplinary integrative medicine team and participates in case conferencing as needed.
This is an opportunity to work directly with Dr. James Greenblatt, a leading expert in eating and mood disorders and a pioneer of integrative medicine, offering a revolutionary approach to improving mental wellness and the treatment of mental illness.
Hours/Shift: This position is 24h-40h/week (flexibility available) – 3 day job with benefits
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of 2 years’ prior relevant psychiatric experience
- Experience with children and adolescents, strongly preferred
- Knowledge and skills compatible to an individual with board certification in psychiatry
- Licensed in the state of Connecticut in Advanced Nursing
- Must possess knowledge of general and psychiatric nursing processes, therapeutic relationships and processes, age specific growth and development, limit setting, behavior and crisis management.
- For the purposes of treatment and referral, must be knowledgeable about a broad range of integrative medicine approaches and open to their application as warranted by specific patient need.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize independently
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and fast paced mental health environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, team environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Reports to Director of Ambulatory Clinics
- Clinic setting
At Walden Behavioral Care we offer access to a generous benefit package, including tuition reimbursement, professional development and opportunities to work with Walden Psychiatric Associates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Nurse Practitioner will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested.
About Walden Behavioral Care: Walden Behavioral Care is one of the only rapidly-growing, leading national specialty healthcare systems dedicated to serving all genders and offering the full continuum of care for people with all types of eating disorders. We currently have 14-locations on the East Coast in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Georgia. Over the past 15 years, utilizing our state-of-the art evidence based, personalized approach to care, we have helped over 20,000 people on their road to recovery. Headquartered in Massachusetts we have over 450 employees who are dedicated to helping people with eating disorders get the help they need and deserve.