|Date Posted||May 3, 2021|
Primary Care Physician --
- Collaborate with other members of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary staff
- Function as primary care provider for clients in Opal’s Partial Hospitalization Program and Intensive Outpatient (aka day treatment) seeing all PHP clients and IOP clients as needed:
- Monitor weight, blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, labs and EKG
- Collaborate closely with Opal Staff Psychiatrist
- Medically manage various issues that are related to eating disorders, i.e. gastrointestinal issues, mental
health concerns, endocrinological issues, etc.
- Assess exercise clearance level for clients as a part of Opal’s Exercise+Sport program
- Assist clients with paperwork needed for disability or FMLA
- Provide referrals for testing and assessments, i.e. DEXA, GI tests, Endocrinology hormone tests, physical
therapy, dental, etc.
- Must be a licensed Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) in the state of Washington
- Must have Board Certification in Internal Medicine/Family Medicine
- Comfort with electronic health record systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Practice medicine and live personally in a way that reflects a non-diet, anti-racist, weight-inclusive relationship with
food and body
- Exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and personal boundary setting
- Experience working with eating disorders, athletes and mental health strongly desired
Skill Requirements + Opal Value Alignment:
- Approachable and compassionate, with an emotional awareness of client’s needs and one’s relationship with the
- A high degree of confidentiality and personal boundary setting; coupled well with value of modeling for clients and
- Adaptable, and flexible.
- High value of collaboration with multi-disciplinary treatment teams and colleagues.
- Experience working with clients with eating disorders and other mental health concerns.
Hours: Monday-Friday, exact hours to be determined at time of hire
- Salary will commensurate with experience.
- Part-time Benefits: PTO, retirement account with employer matching
- Full-time Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, PTO, paid holidays, retirement account with employer
matching, paid continuing education