|Date Posted||February 25, 2020|
Established in 2001, EDCare (formerly the Eating Disorder Center of Denver), is one of the nation's foremost centers for the diagnosis and treatment of the full range of eating disorders. Our multidisciplinary team utilizes a biopsychosocial, spiritual and empowerment model.
We are currently searching for a full-time Primary Therapist in the Partial Hospitalization Program at our Denver location. In this position you will be primarily responsible for the direction of care of PHP patients as part of the interdisciplinary team. You will provide individual and group therapies, case management, treatment planning and discharge planning, ensuring implementation of the treatment plan in all aspects of programming and planning for a smooth transition from treatment, and timely documentation of all of the above.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive and ongoing assessment, resulting in appropriate treatment and discharge recommendations, including each patient’s BioPsychoSocial evaluation completed and filed in patient’s chart within 72 hours of admission.
- Create an individualized treatment plan with appropriate PHP goals and objectives within 72 hours of each patient's admission, and continually monitor progress and re-evaluate appropriateness of goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practice of clinical interviewing and counseling skills.
- Ensure that patients are seen twice weekly for individual therapy or as clinically indicated.
- Demonstrate ability to build therapeutic rapport.
- Provide case management for each assigned patient: demonstrate ability to facilitate and ensure the whole of patient care, integrate all aspects of care, and ease the process of treatment for the patient.
- Facilitate groups with expertise: demonstrate ability to engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
- Timely completion and accuracy of clinical paperwork: treatment plan, progress notes, etc.
- Maintain appropriate outpatient case load as determined by the Clinical Director.
- Demonstrate leadership in assuring continuity and quality of partial program, including curriculum development and group implementation.
- Lead weekly staffing meetings, conveying pertinent clinical information and formulating goals for the following week and effectively communicating with other members of the treatment team.
- Ongoing attention to discharge plan evidenced by development of aftercare plan, transition sessions with OP provider and ensures patient’s knowledge of available resources.
- Thorough discharge summaries reflect course of treatment and discharge recommendations, completed within fourteen days of discharge and sent to each patient’s outpatient providers.
- Provide clinical supervision to select clinical employees as assigned by Clinical Director.
- Effective and consistent communication to referral sources and collaborative providers.
- Provide leadership to the clinical team; provide direction and support to milieu therapists and other group leaders in implementation of program services.
- Provide schedule template and information necessary to billing and front desk staff to ensure effective workflow processes.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Position Requirements include:
- PsyD or Ph.D. in a behavioral health field.
- License to practice in Colorado.
- Experience working individually and in groups with eating disordered clients.
- Clinical conceptualization of the treatment of eating disorders and dual diagnosis.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Clinical leadership skills.
- Treatment orientation that aligns with that of EDCare.