|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
|Requirements||Licensed in Colorado as LP, or LPC, PsyD or Ph.D. in behavioral health field preferred, Experience working individually and in groups with eating disordered clients, Clinical conceptualization of the treatment of eating disorders and dual diagnosis, Good oral and written communication skills, Clinical leadership skills, Treatment orientation that aligns with that of EDC, LLC.|
Established in 2001, EDCare (formally the Eating Disorder Center of Denver) is one of the nation's foremost centers for the diagnosis and treatment of the full range of eating disorders is seeking a Therapist for a full time position open in our Denver location.
Summary of Major Functions:
Primarily responsible for the direction of care of PHP patients as part of interdisciplinary team. Provides individual therapy, case management, group therapy, treatment planning, ensures implementation of the treatment plan in all aspects of programming and plans for a smooth transition and discharge from treatment. Responsible to document all treatment processes.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ability to provide comprehensive and ongoing assessment resulting in appropriate treatment and discharge recommendations (Patient’s Bio-Psycho-Social completed and filed in patient’s chart within 72 hours).
- Creates an individualized treatment plan with appropriate PHP goals and objectives (completed within 72 hours) and continually monitors progress and re-evaluates appropriateness of goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practice of clinical interviewing/counseling skills.
- Ensures that patients are seen for individual therapy as clinically indicated (twice weekly for PHP and once weekly for IOP).
- Demonstrates ability to build therapeutic rapport.
- Provides case management for each assigned case: demonstrates ability to facilitate and/or ensure the whole of patient care, integrates all aspects of care and eases the process of treatment for the patient.
- Facilitates groups with expertise: demonstrates ability to engage, set limits and monitors the group process.
- Timely completion and accuracy of clinical paperwork: treatment plan, progress notes, etc.
- Cultivates and maintains appropriate outpatient case load as determined by the Clinical Director.
- Demonstrates leadership in assuring continuity and quality of partial program, including curriculum development and group implementation.
- Leads weekly staffings, conveying pertinent clinical information and formulating goals for the following week and effectively communicates with members of the treatment team.
- Ongoing attention to discharge plan evidenced by development of aftercare plan, transition sessions with OP provider and ensures patient’s knowledge of available resources.
- Thorough discharge summaries reflect course of treatment and D/C recommendations; completed within fourteen days of discharge and sent to patient’s outpatient providers.
- Provides clinical supervision to select clinical employees as assigned by Clinical Director.
- Effective and consistent communication to referral sources and collaborative providers.
- Provides leadership to the clinical team; provides direction and support to milieu therapists and other group leaders in implementation of program services.
- Provides schedule template and information necessary to billing and front desk staff to ensure effective workflow processes.