|Date Posted||February 28, 2019|
- Serves as a core member of the Canopy Cove clinical team
- Provides direct nutritional/clinical care for clients in the Residential Program, Partial Hospitalization Program and Intensive Outpatient Program
- Meets with patients weekly to develop meal plans and nutritional goals, including initial nutritional assessment upon admission
- Develops and leads regular nutrition groups for patients
- Provides training and informal supervision for front line staff to ensure that meal policies are properly implemented and meals are portioned appropriately
- Assists patients with meal preparation, serving sizes, and supervises meals and snacks as scheduled
- Provides effective education to patients and families.
- Communicates progress and activities related to treatment and continuing care plans on an ongoing basis to the patient, family, treatment team, referral source and other individuals involved in the patient’s care
- Oversees Dietary staff to ensure grocery inventory is maintained
- Develops and supervises restaurant outings for patients
- Leads the development and implementation of nutrition and mealtime policies, procedures, and standards of care necessary for the coordination and delivery of excellent client care.
- Participates in treatment team planning and discharge planning and liaison services with the dietary department.
- Registered Dietitian through CDR (RD/RDN)
- Licensed in the state of Florida (or is eligible for licensure)
- Clinical nutrition counseling skills essential
- Ability to effectively assess, plan and implement therapeutic services in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Experience with adolescent and adult clients in an inpatient or residential eating disorder treatment setting preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize independently
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and fast paced mental health environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.