|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
Murray Nutrition currently specializes in nutrition counseling for the treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating for adolescents and adults. Murray Nutrition utilizes weight-inclusive, non-diet approaches, such as HAES and Intuitive Eating to help empower clients to heal their relationships with food and their bodies.
Murray Nutrition is looking to add a team member who will see clients in-person at our Brentwood, TN office (located just outside of Nashville, TN), as well as virtually. This is an employee position that will build to a full-time caseload.
- Conduct comprehensive nutrition assessment as a part of the nutrition care process, including assessment of eating disordered/disordered eating behaviors
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on the clients' goals of nutrition counseling
- Provide individualized therapeutic eating plans, taking into account lifestyle, medical, and socioeconomic factors, as well as client preference.
- Assist clients in cultivating a variety of coping skills and behaviors that contribute to a healthy relationship with food and body
- Provide psychoeducation to clients and their families regarding eating disorders symptomatology, behavior change, the recovery process, and relapse prevention
- Complete therapeutic meal support sessions with clients when appropriate/necessary.
- Communicate regularly with clients' other treatment team members
- Appropriate and timely documentation for client sessions
- Provide appropriate referrals to outside resources/providers/organizations when necessary
- Maintain and model professional boundaries
- Utilize evidence-based modalities in the nutrition counseling process, such as motivational interviewing, mindfulness, self-compassion practices, CBT/DBT/ACT, and Intuitive Eating.
• RD/RDN credential
• TN licensure (or willingness to obtain each)
• Understanding of eating disorders and/or mental health treatment preferred
•Strong desire to work in the eating disorders field
•Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to utilizing non-diet, Health at Every Size Approach w/clients and their families.
- Willingness/desire to work with adolescents and families
• Liability insurance
• Continuing education opportunities
• Clinical supervision and consultation
•Being a part of a fun, compassionate, clinically excellent team!!!!
To be considered, please email a resume, brief cover letter, and at least 2 references to Emily Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org!