|Date Posted||August 13, 2021|
Nutrition - Dietitians, Technicians, Foodservice & Directors
|Requirements||Bachelors Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major in nutrition/dietetics or a related field; Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration; 1-year clinical experience with eating disorders strongly preferred; 1 plus years experience in health-care setting, Alabama Certified Dietitian preferred. Other Requirements Position requires incumbent to have a valid drivers license and vehicle insurance.|
Magnolia Creek, outside Birmingham, Alabama is in search of a qualified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist for the following job responsibilities:
- Provides consultation with appropriate Magnolia Creek staff in screening client applications for the treatment program(s) based on nutritional status and making appropriate recommendations accordingly.
- Conducts initial nutritional assessments with each new client, including diet history, dietary preferences, weights, nutritional risk and eating disorder behaviors.
- Sets weekly schedules for the clients as it relates to nutritional needs and will have input into the individual treatment plans.
- Writes orders for meal plans, supplementation, protocols and special dietary needs.
- Consults with the physicians on an as needed basis to ensure that the nutritional needs of individual clients are being met.
- Educates and counsels clients to increase awareness of the importance of nutritionally balanced diets in achieving good health and recovery. Formulates an individualized meal plan, nutritional care plan and set weight goals with each client.
- Adjust nutrition care plans with the clients as needed. The incumbent will supervise meals/snacks and portioning as deemed necessary. S/he will provide on-going nutritional consultations to clients and their families based on individual dietary needs.
- Evaluates and monitors clients compliance with their meal planning, provides grocery store education (including grocery store challenge).
- Maintains contact with clients outpatient dietitian to provide updates on progress and recommendations for discharge.
- Conducts nutrition group, cooking group, and physical activity groups, as well as, conducting the nutrition talk during Family Days and conduct individual weekly or twice weekly sessions with the clients.
- Responsible for proper documentation and charting and ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Approves menus and snacks for the clients and ensures that the quality and quantity of food is adequate and works closely with the dietary care specialist team in meal planning for client including food preferences and allergens.
- Set up aftercare as it pertains to nutrition.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications related to Magnolia Creeks Mission and population.
The successful candidate meets the following description:
Bachelors Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major in nutrition/dietetics or a related field;
Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration;
1-year clinical experience with eating disorders strongly preferred;
1 plus years experience in health-care setting;
Alabama Certified Dietitian preferred.
A valid drivers license and vehicle insurance.