|Location||Santa Barbara, California|
|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
As a Registered Nurse at Alsana, you will …
Partner with the Nurse Manager to support daily oversight and management of the client services at Alsana. This position includes work in the areas of client admissions and discharges, medication management, medical procedure oversight, medical documentation review and oversight, on-going clinical staff supervision, training and compliance, and other duties assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Assess client health and well-being daily. Promptly reports concerns to the physician and other team members who need to know and documents all findings and interventions.
- Communicates pertinent nursing and care plan related information to direct care staff on a daily basis. Ensures “hand off” communication each shift.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and contributes to the client care plan on a regular basis.
- Participates in developing and maintaining the client treatment plan.
- Participates in client education and leads groups as assigned.
- Audits and monitors all controlled substances including recording of information.
- Monitors medication management of step-down clients.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians and the clients to answer questions about medication changes, physician appointments, and health related issues in a language the client can understand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You are a licensed RN in state that position is located in. BSN preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in an acute care or skilled nursing setting required.
- Must have current CPR certification through an American Heart Association approved agency.
- Previous experience in a behavioral health setting preferred.