|Date Posted||February 28, 2019|
|Category|| Therapist/Counselor |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Requirements||Previous experience in mental health counseling, preferably with eating disorder clients. Familiarity with community mental health and eating disorder treatment resources. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to build rapport with clients. Strong teamwork qualities. LGPC and LGSW preferred|
Psychotherapist (focus on Eating Disorders) Job Opportunity: **Potential Signing Bonus**
The Body Image Therapy Center is looking for a therapist with a focus on eating disorders to join the Columbia, MD Team! We are seeking a Licensed Graduate Counselor or Social Worker to join our eating disorder treatment team! You will provide person-centered treatment services for our IOP and PHP programs running groups and providing individual counseling services.
You will have the opportunity to do training with Andrew Walen Clinical Director of the Body Image. He is one of the most recognized names in the Eating Disorder field.
Benefits include: Paid Time Off, 401K with 1% match, Health Insurance, liability insurance, HSA, etc.
Must be licensed in the state of Maryland
Position Details And Responsibilities
- Provide therapy groups for the partial hospital and intensive outpatient programs for eating disorders
- Establish open lines of communication for individuals with mental or emotional issues
- Offer assistance to individuals with eating disorder and related mental health diagnoses
- Provide prevention-oriented therapy
- Implement and review treatment plans
- Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement agencies
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Administrative staff so clinicians can spend more time seeing patients
- All inquiries are strictly confidential.
- Previous experience in mental health counseling, preferably with eating disorder clients
- Familiarity with community mental health and eating disorder treatment resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong teamwork qualities
- LGPC and LGSW preferred
This is an hourly position ideal for someone who is looking for a fast-paced office with comprehensive support and wrap around services including nutrition, psychiatry, medical, and more. We provide clinical supervision toward license.
The Body Image Therapy Center (TBITC) is a comprehensive outpatient treatment program for those with eating disorders in Baltimore and Columbia, MD, Washington, DC, and Alexandria, VA. Our mission is to provide unparalleled behavioral health services to clients and their families struggling with eating disorders, mental health, substance abuse and self-harm behaviors.