|Location||Long Beach, California|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2021|
Counseling - Psychologists, Social Workers, Therapists & Clinical Directors
|Requirements||Master’s Degree; 3 Years mental health experience with 2 year eating disorders preferred. Other Requirements Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.|
Responsible for overseeing daily administration of the Residential programs. Will work as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team ensuring that professional and compassionate care be provided. Responsible for management of residential staff as well as oversight of direct client care.
- Responsible for program development and improvement as well as oversight/management of residential staff
- Responsible for enforcing policies and procedures in both clinical and management capacities
- Responsible for ensuring that compliance standards are met regarding documentation and client care in accordance with industry standards and accreditation requirements and will address any compliance issues
- Coordinates clinical staffing schedules to maximize efficiency while maintaining program integrity, quality and efficiency
- Assists in recruiting and interview process
- Responsible for full clinical and administrative training of new staff
- Facilitates new client orientations
- Assists with the admissions process
- Assists with the insurance utilization review process, when needed
- Provides direct client care including individual psychotherapy, group therapy and family therapy as census and/or staffing requires
- Responsible for identification of treatment/contract goals, completing the initial psychosocial assessment.
- Responsible for assisting primary therapists with maintaining contact with the referring/outpatient therapist/team during the course of the client’s stay and the family when/if appropriate.
- Assist in providing clinical updates and creates weekly treatment team updates
- Attends group meetings, meals and other activities in the milieu to better establish a relationship with clients.
- Provides comprehensive understanding of current behaviors and relational dynamics while using a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- Attends the weekly treatment team meetings and share observations, comments and important information about clients with the treatment team and provides input into the development of the weekly schedules for all of his/her assigned clients.
- Responsible for proper charting and ensuring that all documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Assists in meal/snack supervision as assigned and attends special occasion activities for the clients.
- Assists with discharge planning, including a written discharge summary and obtaining referral sources and necessary support systems once the client is discharged
- Assists with executing concurrent insurance reviews, advocating for client to obtain appropriate levels and continuing care as needed
- Follows level-of-care and medical necessity guidelines as established by peer reviewed criteria, including APA and managed care organizations
- Coordinates and/or perform doctor to doctor reviews between Shoreline and managed care organizations
- Performs crisis intervention as necessary
- Develops and creates group material, as needed
- Assists with professional outreach, networking and marketing
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications related to Shoreline Mission and population
- Completes any additional tasks assigned my direct supervisors (Clinical Director and Executive Director)