|Date Posted||August 5, 2019|
|Category|| Technician |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Location: Seattle Residential
This position includes evening and weekend hours.
Monitors and assists clients in the residential milieu, leads activities designed to help the residents adjust to living in a community setting, and assists the residents in gaining the skills needed to manage their eating disorder. Plays an integral role in the day to day function of the clients’ experience
• Partners with the multi-disciplinary team on care plan and treatment
• Assists in resident admissions
• Available to support and assist in programming; or to support when programming is not scheduled
• Participates in case management and/or case consult as part of the client treatment team
• Participates in therapeutic meals and snacks and provides support to residents at mealtimes and snacks
• Supports residents during structured outings and recreation
• Responsible for knowing where the clients are at all times
• Available to engage, challenge, and support residents as needed
• Monitors and supports bathroom use per client treatment direction.
• Monitors and documents exercise
• Responsible for enforcing appropriate policies with residents and completing all expected tasks including hourly room-checks
• Cleans the residential facility as needed
• Assists residents in pass planning and pass processing
• Reports observations and documents in charts
• May assist kitchen staff with food or meal prep as needed
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Current Basic Life Support certification required (American Heart Association) within 30 days from date of hire.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be authorized to drive.
• Previous direct mental health experience preferred
• BA or BS degree in psychology, social work, or related field preferred
• Washington State Food and Beverage Service Worker’s Permit obtained within 14 days of employment
• Exhibits passion for our clients, values, and organization
• Demonstrates excellent clinical customer service using therapeutic communication skills to build strong client relationships and improve outcomes
• Participates in providing clinically competent care by self/staff/team through education, role modeling, teambuilding, clinical documentation and quality monitoring
• Uses leadership, team building, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills to build partnerships within and across system
• Engages in self-evaluation process, seeking feedback regarding own practice, from clients, peers, professional colleagues and others
• Standing 70-75% and Sitting 25-30%.
• Bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping or crouching when appropriate, on occasion.
• Lift, carry, push or pull up to approx. 30 pounds (supplies, etc.)