|Date Posted||August 5, 2019|
|Category|| Therapist/Counselor |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Primary Therapist (focus on Eating Disorders) Job Opportunity: IMMEDIATE NEED TO HIRE
The Body Image Therapy Center is looking for a part-time therapist with a focus on eating disorders to join the Washington D.C. Team!
We are seeking a Licensed Counselor or Social Worker to join our eating disorder treatment team as a primary therapist for our Partial Hospital and Intensive Outpatient programs! You will provide person-centered treatment running groups and providing individual counseling services.
Clinical supervision is provided weekly in both individual and team formats.
Position Details and Responsibilities:
- Provide therapy groups for the partial hospital and intensive outpatient programs for eating disorders
- Establish open lines of communication for individuals with mental or emotional issues
- Offer assistance to individuals with eating disorder and related mental health diagnoses
- Provide prevention-oriented therapy
- Implement and review treatment plans
- Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement agencies
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Administrative staff so clinicians can spend more time seeing patients
- All inquiries are strictly confidential.
- Previous experience in mental health counseling, preferably with eating disorder clients
- Familiarity with community mental health and eating disorder treatment resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong teamwork qualities
- LGPC and LGSW strongly encouraged to apply!
This is salaried position ideal for someone who is looking for a fast-paced office with comprehensive support and wrap around services including nutrition, psychiatry, medical, and more. We provide clinical supervision toward license.
About The Body Image Therapy Center:
The Body Image Therapy Center (TBITC) is a comprehensive outpatient treatment program for those with eating disorders in Baltimore and Columbia, MD, Washington, DC. Our mission is to provide unparalleled behavioral health services to clients and their families struggling with eating disorders, mental health, substance abuse and self-harm behaviors.
The Body Image Therapy Center is a proud member of the Refresh Mental Health Network. To find more jobs like this at all of the Refresh Locations go to: https://www.refreshmh.com/join-our-team/careers/
About Refresh Mental Health:
Refresh Mental Health is the parent company of premiere outpatient mental health, substance abuse & eating disorder practices across the US. We are one of the largest and fastest growing private behavioral health companies in the US with over 700 clinicians and 21 practices in 15 states. We are actively seeking partnerships with counselors, therapists and other behavioral healthcare providers nationwide. Our goal is to provide an excellent working environment and resources for clinicians, so they can focus on what they do best — providing exemplary care to clients.
Refresh is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Refresh is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.